Re: A few reefers unloading produce in Chicago

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:49 AM, Jeffrey White wrote:
Does anyone know when Santa Fe started this and if it was the complete reporting mark or just the car number?  DO I need to put reporting marks on the roofs of my Santa Fe reefers on my 1955 layout?  It seems like it would be a neat detail to add.
Yes. You can see in the photo that there are two lines of characters, the near line has a D (which is upside down) the end of SFRD, with the car number below it. The newest vehicle in the photo has been identified as a '51 Oldsmobile so the photo likely dates to the early to mid fifties. Anyone remember when PFE received their first sliding plug door reefers?

Dennis Storzek