Re: AAR 40' Boxcar ID

Tim O'Connor

Ed has produced MANY box car rosters so the one that you want is Ed's compilation
of AAR Postwar R+3-4 IDN (1948-1954) tabloid format, or Excel spreadsheet format.

Modelers and railfans love to make lists and tables! :-)

I just checked and I have 1,338
PDF files and 167 Excel spreadsheets in my data folder. :-D

The PRR X43B is perfect for the first car, 7ft door 10p DP roof R+3/4

On 8/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gary McMills wrote:

Hi All,

I recently pickup some HO scale C&BT  1944 AAR 40' Boxcar kits at an estate sale and I am at a loss for identifying which railroad(s) owned them.

They are one with a 7' door and 10 panel sides with Angle roof and 4-3-1 ends.

Also a 7'door 12 panel sides with a flat roof and is Tuscan red (perhaps PRR?)

and a 8' door 12 panel sides car , 10 panel sides, flat roof, and 4-3-1 ends.

 I have Ed Hawkins Steam Era Freight car list but I am still having difficulties ID ing these cars.

I would like to find the prototype railroad for these  cars.

They are undecorated.

thanks,

Gary McMills

Vicksburg,Miss.