Re: UTLX X-3, 6.5K tank car

Tim O'Connor

There are liquids that are far heavier than water and petroleum. You can probably find out a lot
online about chemicals without consulting any tank car information.

On 8/6/2022 6:35 PM, Chuck Cover wrote:

I recently built a Sunshine #62.5 UTLX X-3, 6.5K tank car.  I was wondering if these smaller cars were used for any special/unique commodities or whether they were used in general service as most of the larger tanks cars were?  I did not see any information about special uses in the paperwork that came with the kit nor in Essential Freight Cars:12 article.  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Sterling, Massachusetts