Re: Sunshine long 8k dome is too small?

O Fenton Wells

Frank is a single person business (Actually that's not true I met the head of the shipping and billing department at Collinsville RPM meet) and I would rather have him working on other things than the tank car dome,
Just say'in ;>)
Fenton

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 2:26 PM Scott H. Haycock <shhaycock@...> wrote:

O Fenton Wells  wrote:

"for the amount of work that would have to be done."

That was sort of my point. We make compromises in scale dimensions in other freight car details; mainly because the correct components aren't available, or can't be economically made, to scale.

But I admit that in this case, over 1/16'' would be visible. Sans the correct part though, I'd probably live with it, versus scratchbuilding a new dome.

Scott Haycock

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd