Re: looking for brass freight cars on Ebay

up4479

If it were only that simple.  I just tried Tim's suggestion and got lots of returns but little brass. This has been going on for several months.   Several years ago eBay took away the "brass imports" category.  It was an effort to put more items in the search returns.  Several months ago, they changed the search again in order to increase the amount of items in a search return.  Someone upstairs decided that narrow searches were a bad thing.  EBay search is now almost completely useless for searches like HO brass models.  The returns are so numerous that you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time scrolling to find your items.  That is what a specific search is supposed to eliminate.   Another search I used to use was just the word custom in HO scale.  The returns were in the 600 to 700 range.  It was easy to keep up if you searched daily.  I just ran that search and got 12000 returns, almost none had anything custom about them.  All the searches for items like resin kits, plastic kits or almost anything else we would normally search for have a ridiculous amount of non related returns that make searching almost pointless. I'm going to work on a steam era model.
Steve Solombrino