Re: Preferred truck mounting on resin cars

Eric Hansmann

On freight cars with a flat bolster area, such as those on nearly all resin freight car kits, I cut off part of a Kadee #5 coupler box as a sleeve. This acts as a stop for the screw and a pivot for the truck. It was featured on my blog a few years ago.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 08/09/2022 11:34 AM CDT Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Hi there,

As I build my fleet, I have been using 2-56 screws directly into the bolster to mount trucks. Recently, on a RCW GN car I’m completing, I noticed that the pivot hole in the truck bolster is a fair amount larger in diameter than the screw. It seemed to me that a small sleeve around the screw might improve operation. A number of ideas came to mind. But I thought it would make sense to ask here - what is the preferred method other folks are using?

Rob