Preferred truck mounting on resin cars

Andy Carlson

One other useful method that I have not seen mentioned yet is Evergreen plastic tubing, the O.D. being the desired size to fit inside a freight car truck. Drill a hole of this dimension vertically into the bolster king pin area. Clip off the tubing close to the desired height and finish with a file or as I do, the flat surface of a Dremel cut off disc. Self-tapping screw secures the truck and the tube locates the truck attachment in similar ways as the plastic Kadee pieces. This is also useful for fixing bolsters which have had their threads stripped.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA