Re: Preferred truck mounting on resin cars

Robert kirkham

Thanks everyone.  I do not have a stash of Kadee No5 boxes to scavenge from, so i’ll pick up some 1/8” evergreen tube and go with that idea.   Appreciate all the suggestions.  it was reassuring to know it is a “thing”.

Rob

On Aug 9, 2022, at 12:25 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

One other useful method that I have not seen mentioned yet is Evergreen plastic tubing, the O.D. being the desired size to fit inside a freight car truck. Drill a hole of this dimension vertically into the bolster king pin area. Clip off the tubing close to the desired height and finish with a file or as I do, the flat surface of a Dremel cut off disc. Self-tapping screw secures the truck and the tube locates the truck attachment in similar ways as the plastic Kadee pieces. This is also useful for fixing bolsters which have had their threads stripped.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA