Re: TOFC question

Brian Carlson

And If you are Really Really interested you need the two volume "The TTX Story" published by the PRRT&HS a few years ago. link for reference only https://biblio.co.nz/book/ttx-story-vol-1-vol-2/d/1175228639

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 02:28:07 PM EDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

If you're really interested there is plenty of literature out there. Look for
Piggyback And Containers from Four Ways West books.

On 8/14/2022 12:39 PM, Robert G P wrote:
I had always wondered on this topic. Seemed like it could get difficult really fast from an operational perspective.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 12:38 PM Robert G P <bobgp5109@...> wrote:

So it was more of a home region operation?

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 12:01 PM John Mateyko <rattler21@...> wrote:
On the surface, this is a simple question.  However, as Tim has referenced, there were many piggyback plans.
For sure, Plan I, Plan II, II 1/4, Plan II 1/2, Plan II 3/4, Plan III, Plan IV and Plan V. Differences were determined by who owned the trailer, who performed the drayage on each end and who owned the flat car.  John Mateyko

Sterling, Massachusetts

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY