Re: TOFC question

Robert G P

Thanks for the recommendations. I havent invested a lot in tofc literature as most seem to focus on post 1965 operations. (Of course thats understandable as its when tofc really started to get big) I eventually probably will though just to obtain a better understanding of it.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 4:55 PM Andy Miller <aslmmiller@...> wrote:

Vol. 25 #3, Aug 1992,  of the PRRT&H Society’s magazine THE KEYSTONE has an excellent article on TrucTrain, its predecessors, its equipment, and its regulatory environment.  See it you can get access to a copy.

Regards,

Andy Miller

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Mateyko
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2022 12:02 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] TOFC question

On the surface, this is a simple question.  However, as Tim has referenced, there were many piggyback plans.
For sure, Plan I, Plan II, II 1/4, Plan II 1/2, Plan II 3/4, Plan III, Plan IV and Plan V. Differences were determined by who owned the trailer, who performed the drayage on each end and who owned the flat car.  John Mateyko