Re: Goldsmith Pickle Company Car 2578 (1946)

Tim O'Connor

Perhaps not all ! For a while in the 1990's Heinz was loading many freight cars every day in Toledo
to be conveyed on Amtrak trains. They were loaded LCL style at the Toledo Union Station. :-)

And of course lots of stuff now moves in intermodal containers, so it's not all highway miles. The last
mile to the store was always by road.

On 8/17/2022 3:52 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:

Actually, I would jump at the opportunity to get a bottle of these pickles!
Something about ambiance. I am afraid that all of today's pickles ship by highway trucks.
-Andy Carlson

Sterling, Massachusetts