Re: Photo: Railroad yard at U.S. Steel Duquesne Works, Duquesne, PA (1956)
Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Hi Tim and List Members,
Thanks Tim for the excellent image you sent. Some things I found interesting...
* Engine terminal on the right, it looks like the roundhouse may have been added onto over the years, based on the roof construction
* Compound ladder in the yard!
* Platform flat cars at the extreme left side of the image
* Structure with ALBERS billboard lettering in the distance
* What appears to be both railroad and roadway trestles across and above the yard
* Pole storage yard by buildings on left side of image
* And naturally the awesome PACIFIC COAST composite gon
On 28-Aug-22 18:51, Tim O'Connor wrote: