Re: Photo: Railroad yard at U.S. Steel Duquesne Works, Duquesne, PA (1956)

Paul Krueger

The Pacific Coast is very well documented, especially for the years after the GN took over in 1951, by photos and records available at Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive. PNRA published a book on it a few years ago.  A few copies are still available and can be purchased through the GN society.

https://gnrhs.myshopify.com/collections/books/products/pacific-coast-railway

I’ve sifted through several boxes of daily PCRR waybills from the late fifties and the coal seemed to exclusively stay in King County. I recall a lot going to the UW, some going to a large concrete plant along the Duwamish River in Seattle, and I think there may have been some going to the NP at Auburn.

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA