Re: C&EI War Bonds boxcar

Tim O'Connor

at least until September 1949 if not later

my guess is that the steady rotation of cars due to the AB brake mandate
by 1953 would result in none of them getting past 1953 - but weren't "savings
bonds" being advertised as well ? basically, the same thing.

On 9/3/2022 11:45 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:

Doubtful. There were directives to paint out war bonds slogans at the end of WW 2.  Let me see if I can find the PRR notice I’ve seen before.

Brian J. Carlson

On Sep 3, 2022, at 11:18 PM, Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:

According to the protocraft site those cars where repainted in 1953 so maybe??

Scott McDonald

Sterling, Massachusetts