Re: resin, kits, and collectors

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Well, I'm afraid Richard Hendrickson's prediction of a kit-less
future may be fast approaching...

I called Intermountain today, to find out why the sideframes on
all my F-unit drives were already assembled, and the pieces to
make different style journals were not included. The answer I got
was "No one wants to assemble them. If someone calls to complain,
we just mail them the sprues to make their modifications."

Also, the latest shell, a C&NW paint scheme, only comes R-T-R.
No kits!! Oh, you didn't want plastic grabirons? Sorry! Too bad.

If I didn't already have enough kits for 3 lifetimes, this kind
of thing would really tick me off!

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts