Re: Lateral Running Boards

Ken Adams

Is there an official name or generally accepted name for the very short "Latitudinal Running Board" used on caboose roofs located where the caboose end ladder reached the caboose roof?  

Granted that the ICC, The MCBA, The ARA and The AAR may not have had much regulatory authority over cabooses as designs varied for each railroad. Still was there common terminology?
Ken Adams
Covid Variants may come and go but I choose to still live mostly in splendid Shelter In Place solitude
Location: About half way up Walnut Creek

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.