From: "Richard Hendrickson" <rhendrickson@...>
To: "Bruce F. Smith" <smithbf@...>; <STMFC@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: [PM-list] NYC 90 ton flat

I asked the PM-list:
I am working on an ECW 90 ton depressed center flat in HO and a pair of
the
same from GHQ in N and would like to decorate all of them in appropraite
NYC paint/decals. Are there any photographs of this flat available?
What
color did the NYC paint these cars?
I have both builder's and in-service photos of these cars which show both
original and later lettering arrangements. Though both photos are b/w, it
appears to me that, in both the 1941 builder's shot and the 1943
in-service
photo, the cars are painted mineral red; perhaps Jeff English can
enlighten
us further on this subject. I can scan my photos for you if you can
receive JPEG files.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520