Re: ADMIN: A few thoughts before anyone...

prr6380

The version I heard was, "If it takes 4 days for a boat to sail
across the ocean, then 4 boats could do it in 1 day." Since records
are kept for cross ocean sailings, this could be proved to have never
happened.

Walt Stafa

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@a...> wrote:

Ron, are you saying it NEVER happened? Can you PROVE they didn't
dig that hole in one second?

I didn't think so.

P.S. With infallible logic like mine, I'm sure to get a job in
the Bush administration.

Conclusion: Therefore, sixty men can dig a post hole in one
second.

Adding statistics to this kind of muddled thinking gives a
mathematical
certainty to the absurd, making us twice-blessed.

Ron Boham
Ralston, NE

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@a...>
Sterling, Massachusetts