Re: Photos of CMO AAR cars

Tim O'Connor

Here is the paint
information I have -- All of these are AAR 10-6 5/5 ends 6ft doors

Viking roof cars 1941=1942

  CMO 20000-22414
    Mineral Red Sides, Ends & Roof; Black U/F & Trucks "Route of the 400" on both sides
  CNW 71000-74398
    Mineral Red Sides, Ends & Roof; Black U/F & Trucks "Route of the 400" on both sides

SRE (Murphy) roof cars 1944=1945

  CNW 80252-81450
    Mineral Red Sides; Black Ends, Roof, U/F & Trucks "Route of the Challengers" on both sides
  CNW 81452-82650
    Mineral Red Sides; Black Ends, Roof, U/F & Trucks
      "Route of the Streamliners" on right side & "Overland Route" on left side
  CNW 82652-84250
    Mineral Red Sides; Black Ends, Roof, U/F & Trucks
      "Route of the 400 Fleet" on right side & "Overland Route" on left side

On 1/24/2023 9:08 PM, Rob Adams wrote:

Hi Tony;

If you are modeling the as-built CMO 20050-21398 (even numbers) series cars with the "Route of the 400" slogan, my notes indicate that the ends were same freight car red/brown as the sides and roof. If I recall correctly, some later series of CMO 40-foot cars did have black ends.

Rob Adams

Wellman, IA

On 1/24/23 8:44 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Thanks to Tony Wagner and Tim O’Connor for nice photos, even though most are of the express cars, which I am not going to do. But plenty of lettering info for these cars. I have some Richard Hendrickson notes on the non-express cars that says “black ends.” Is this correct?

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Sterling, Massachusetts