Re: Richard Hendrickson Honored

Roger Miener <Roger.Miener@...>

Needless to say, I agree with most of what Mike Brock has said ...

I will second what Dave says. For more yrs than I want to count
I've been aware of Richard's unremitting efforts to drag model
railroading into the realm of actually modeling real railroad
items...such as military and other modelers have done for years.

But ... when it comes to the price of wine ...

that the cost of coffee...or wine as it may be...has gone up another
buck or so.

Well, and as anyone who has seen how many bottles of wine Richard has
in his cellar can attest, it will be a bloody long while before
Richard realizes what has happened to the price of a good bottle of
wine. Richard thinks ahead - especially when it comes to wine - and
his cellar is full.

Truth to tell, the price of a good bottle of wine has been trending
down lately. A glut of grapes, they say.

Still, when you are out to dinner with Richard and Sandra at the Monet
Restaurant and Garden in Ashland, Oregon, do let Richard choose the
wine. You will be glad you did. Just like he knows freightcars, the
man knows wine.

Roger Miener
at Tacoma WA