Re: Used book sites

Jeff Aley - GCD PE <jaley@...>

While we're still off topic, you may also find http://www.bibliofind.com/
to be helpful. Note that neither Advanced Book Exchange (ABE) nor
Bibliofind are actual booksellers. Instead they contain listings from
many smaller book dealers. As a result, each web site might find the same
book.

Other search sites:

http://www.bookfinder.com/
http://www.ippi.com/antiquarian-archive.html
http://www.alibris.com/home.cfm

Best of luck!

-Jeff

On Dec 12, 6:37pm, MDelvec952@... wrote:
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Used book sites
In a message dated 12/12/00 6:11:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rhendrickson@... writes:

I tried http://www.abebooks.com/ and found two copies, and some
>other interesting stuff.

I tried that website and it wouldn't come up. ???

Try it again, Richard. Or try simply AbeBooks.com. I tried it, and
the
site is just wonderful. There's hardly a used railway title I couldn't
find
on it. Even found a copy of "Painting of Railway Equipment,"
Simmons-Boardman 1924, written by Lackawanna shopforeman Miller. I've
only
ever seen one other copy in circulation. I bought it. Two copies of
Shay
Locomotive are on there -- that's just about the rarest of the rare.

Thanks, Jeff Aley, for suggesting the site.

All the best, ....Mike
--
Jeff Aley, Development Engineer jaley@...
Graphics Components Division