Re: Milk Industry - Kansas

jaley <jaley@...>

On Jul 9, 7:50am, Rodney Smith wrote:
Subject: [STMFC] Milk Industry - Kansas
I am endeavouring to research the milk industry in & out of Kansas City
in the post war years.
Particularly the type & ownership of freight cars used to carry this
produce.
Any web site information would be grateful.

Rod Smith
Australia

Rod,

Larry Jackman will certainly be able to tell you more, but from
what I can tell, there were no "milk cars" used in or out of KC. By that,
I mean the Pfaulder-type cars that were common in the eastern U.S.

Milk was shipped in cans in baggage cars or express reefers, from
what I can tell. I have photos of stacks of milk cans at the UP depot in
Topeka, KS in the 1950's.

Please let me know if you learn otherwise.

Thanks,

-Jeff

--
Jeff Aley jaley@pcocd2.intel.com