More color

armprem

The generic "Box car red" is misleading.What we really need is more information on the colors (shades or hues ) used by the various railroads.Having that information,we can weather to our heart's content to replicate a particular car.Given the fact that a shade is affected by the light source and a viewer's perception.We need a starting place.The number of historical societies might be the source of this information.A cooperative effort by all could advance the accuracy we are all seeking.The one shade fits all just doesn't do it anymore.If I attempt to model a car of a road that I am not familiar with ,I would like to know that the hours spent building the model is not ruined by an incorrect paint scheme.Unfortunately not all of us have access to color photos of the subject being modeled.Should we consider a standard using a number code ? Armand Premo