Re: Bowman Milk Company

Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>

Hi Denny and List,

Rails Unlimited has the cars in resin with about 30 different decals including many Chicago diaries (wanzer, Bowman and etc). Visit my website at the address under these messages.

Ted

At 11:02 AM 7/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Has anyone produced models of the the milk cars used by the Bowman Milk
Company?

Did Wanzer use milk cars also?

Another express milk car commonly seen in Chicago was Mars (the candy
company). As far as I know, the Mars cars were usually handled by the
Milwaukee in freight trains only, however.

In the '30s until ?, the Milwaukee also had its own Dairy Express Reefers,
all converted from a classic series of very low slung 1912 express cars
built and designed
Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill 60120
847-697-5353 or 847-697-5366
railsunl@foxvalley.net
http://users.foxvalley.net/~railsunl/
Model railroad sales, DCC supplies, Books new and used
O scale urethane cars, Photos and darkroom services
Checks, cash or credit (secure server at web site-3% added)