Re: Working doors on box cars

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

From: "Lee A. Gautreaux"

*snip*

I just bought a P2K drop end mill gon and noticed that the drop ends
don't drop. On my old E&B valley 65' mill gon, they work.
That's interesting as all of my P2k gons have working doors both the kit built ones and the ones I bought assembled. Actually working doors may not be the correct phase more like positional ends since they are not actually attached with hinges to the end.

Regarding boxcar doors no one has mentioned the system Branchline uses a track on the inside of the door frames engages a separately applied door guide. No hideous claws on the outside. I've used in on a few cars. Like others have said off course you need to detail the interior.

Brian J Carlson
Cheektowaga NY
From: "Lee A. Gautreaux"

*snip*

> I just bought a P2K drop end mill gon and noticed that the drop ends
> don't drop. On my old E&B valley 65' mill gon, they work.

That's interesting. I assume you bought an assembled car? The kit allows
you to make a working end version which appears to be pretty much scale.

SGL

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor