Re: NWU Transportation Library report

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Dave Nelson wrote:
So counting airfare, car, etc., I spent about $500 in order to
spend ~$25 at
a copy machine (at 8 cents a page). Go figure. 8-)
The plight of the serious researcher. Trips to the Newberry cost me a
minimum of $100 a day just to be there (if I stay in a fleabag
hotel), plus whatever it costs to get there. Flying, driving and
Amtrak all cost about the same, considering the expense of a night on
the road each way if driving, and an extra night in Chicago if
arriving late afternoon on Amtrak.

It's not the cost, it's the value of the information you can
retrieve. And your research becomes more and more efficient with each
visit.

Tom M.