Regards, Rob Adams

Tom Persoon wrote:

What is the full name of the road with marks P&McY?

At 01:39 AM 8/4/2003 +0000, Thomas Olsen wrote:
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:02:56 -0400
From: Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@UDel.Edu>
Subject: Re: Help with a gondola load

Good morning Garrett,

I looked back at that photo in RNE. Your were right in the guess
that
the gondola was a P&McY car. My take on the loads considering the
way
that they are loaded is that they are steel slabs, probably enroute
Youngstown or Burns Harbor to a rolling mill to be made into steel
sheet
or steel coils. I have seen the same loads on BL-5 which used to
operate from Phillipsburg NJ via the Bel-Del Branch and the Main Line
from Trenton after being interchanged from the Lehigh Valley and were
taken south to Baltimore for the steel mills at Sparrows Point and
Canton area. This type of load also went west in NWC-l (I saw them
passing Thorndale and Parksburg) destined for the Ohio and Indiana
rolling mills.
Tom Persoon
persoons@ia.net

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor