Re: PFE book (and subsequent editions)

Brian Termunde

In a message dated 8/4/2003 10:52:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, brockm@brevard.net writes:
With regard to RR book authors and publishers in general, I would say that
all of us modelers owe them...as well as the many photographers who, thank
goodness, took all those photos 50 or more yrs ago...a debt
of gratitude. I certainly do.
I certainly agree with that! In compiling information on the Santa Fe's Grand Canyon Branch (which did use Steam Era Freight Cars), I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for the efforts of both the authors as well as the editors that are involved with the finished product. Neither is an easy thing to do. It is a lot easier to criticize - either justly, or unjustly.

Take Care!

Brian R. Termunde
Burbank, CA
"Ship and Travel the Grand Canyon Line!"