Re: Source for Red Caboose RC-7003 undec ARA body steel plate end box car kits

Ron Hildebrand <SteamFreight@...>

Rob,

They've been out of this for a while. When I inquired a few weeks ago, it was explained to me that in order to get an economical price on plastic, they have to order enough to run several different cars. Therefore, it seems that we will see stock get very low or non-existent on several cars before they run more kits. I'd say that from the number of "out of stock" notices on their Web site, they should be near this point, and ready to run some kits sometime in the near future.

Ron Hildebrand

At 01:45 PM 8/10/2003 -0500, Rob Adams wrote:
Greetings fellow freight car enthusiasts;

I'm looking for some HO scale Red Caboose RC-7003 ARA body steel plate
end box car kits for some car projects for my mid-1930's freight car
fleet. My local source has been unable to get them from Red Caboose and
a check of the RC web site shows virtually all of the RC X-29 and ARA
cars out of stock. The undecs show as out of stock and even the
common-as-dirt Pennsy cars are OOS. What is up with that?

Do any of you know of a source for these kits, or have a cache of them
yourself that you might be willing to thin. I'm looking for three of
them, eventually to become MEC, CNJ and B&O cars.

For that matter, I'd even be interested in an original Pennsy kit with
number appropriate for the early series with CRECO doors.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Rob Adams