Dave & Libby Nelson <muskoka@...>
Richard writes on his reasoning for a new group:
1. ... 33,000 gal. tank cars....subscribers who
weren't around when they were discussed before.Item 1 can be addressed by establishing a different, group. The only way to
deal with item 2 is to keep the new group closed, by invitation only. Dunno
if egroups allows for that. Dunno what Mike wants either.
At any rate, what I'd like is (no particular order):
- Fine scale modeling of freight cars. Model railroading including freight
cars is meerly a coincidental interest. I can join Jim Six's group or stay
with the FC list would my priorites to reverse.
- my personal interests of historical research at the fleet level (ORER, ICC
stuff, industrial stuff, etc.) remaining welcome.
- All historical material relevant to support fine scale modeling.
- Persons having both adult opinions and skins.
- I understand opinions vary on when the steam era ended. I think <=1956 is
- While not yet an author, I have appreciated and learned from much of the
discussion over on the FC list on issues faced by authors of material on
I could go on....
On a technical level, I do like egroups web access, searching capability,
file storage, and opinion polling -- very much an improvement compared to