The four kits that I built if used Evergreen .025" styrene rod to plug the
holes first. I first softened the end with solvent, then quickly shoved it into
the hole. There should be a slight amount of styrene the oozes out at the
edge, and yet, won't damage the paint on a prepainted car.
I use a flush cutting nippers to clip the end off above the car side and
proceed to the next hole. I found it's necessary to let it set overnight before
drilling out the plugged holes. Replacing the oversize & delicate plastic grabs
with scale sized wire grabs makes a nice improvement to the car, but, there
are a lot of holes to fill!
In a message dated 9/14/2003 9:29:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
A question for Richard H. and others.