Re: Give me a brake

Rob Adams

Clark;

I'm not familiar with the original equipment on those hoppers, but from
your description, it sounds like KD brakes are what you are shooting
for.

There are at least a couple of options which would probably look better
than cutting the KC brake appliance up.

Tichy makes a nice set of KD brake components that is original equipment
on their USRA hoppers. I don't know the part nubmer off hand, but know
it is available separately.

Intermountain has a pretty decent set of KD brake appliances from their
USRA gon. I don't know about the availability, but in the past I've had
good luck getting parts from them.

I hope this helps.

Best regards, Rob Adams

Clark Propst wrote:

I want to back date a couple of Bowser GLa hoppers Ben Hom was nice
enough to provide me with. I'm making them M&StL, xCRR they have K
type
brakes. There are two parts to the brake unit. One beside the other.
I'm
thinking of just cutting a Tichy K brake part in two and gluing the
two
pieces side by side. Is there a better way?
Thanks all,
Clark Propst

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[click here]