Re: AAR hoppers (was Sunshine hopper minikit)

Maybe someday good models of 50-ton offset-side AAR Standard
and Alternate Standard hopper cars will be available, including having
accurate interior detail with the offset showing from the inside. Well,
I can always hope.

Regards, Ed Hawkins
Ed, I am hopeful. Athearn lately has been cranking out modern stuff,
and a lot of it is very good. <snip>"
The only problem is that Athearn has already done this car. It was released
about the same time as Atlas's car, but in five-packs. I doubt you'll get
them to redo the tooling since they probably see it as a market they've
already satisfied.

Dan Stinson
Helena, Montana