Re: sunshine XM-25

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 05:29 PM, Kevin Lafferty wrote:

Iím in the process of building a Sunshine CB&Q XM-25 (kit 17.1). The
kit
comes with K brake components and I would like to update it with AB
components. Does anyone have any info on the layout of the AB
components on
these cars?
Kevin:

The cylinder was located between the center of the car and under the
door post, closer to the B end. The control valve was located on the
same side of the car, under the door post closest to the A end. The
reservoirs were on the other side of the car, diagonally opposite the
cylinder and out towards the side sill. If this makes no sense, I can
diagram it. Also, some of the cars had shields over the control valves.

Regards,
Ted Culotta