Re: BAR Reefers

tim gilbert <tgilbert@...>

George Hollwedel wrote:

Micro-Trains has released a blue and white, ex MDT, wood reefer this
month
and I'm trying to see how accurate and feasible it is. It is not a
red
white and blue boxcar. Micro-Trains is claiming they were painted
yellow
"later".
The BAR had a very short-lived blue & white scheme with a large brown
potato. It was an experiment. If any #6000 series reefer had that
scheme, it was repainted shortly thereafter.

I believe also that it was the #7000 series which were rented off-season
to PFE. As far as I know, the only scheme which a #7000 had in the
1950's was yellow with black lettering.

Tim Gilbert