From: Manfred Lorenz <germanfred55@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 9:48 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Midwest???????

--- In STMFC@..., "h8fan" <jabutler@s...> wrote:
Then I flew across the U.S. in a plane and I decided that there is
really only the eastern and western U.S. and the Mississippi River
is the dividing line:)

I was in St. Louis once and visited the huge train shed of Union
station. That was definitely on the western bank of the Mississippi
and had a definitely eastern look.

Must have been pretty busy in steam era freight car time. The tracks
crossing in front were still there. Were these passed by the freight
trains? Did the freight cars have to be reloaded there too?

BTW, are there more train sheds this size west on the Ol' Man River?

Twin Cities?

Manfred