From: Jim Barnes <atsfjim@sbcglobal.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Freight Car CD for sale
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

Clark
I'll take one. See you in Naperville. Thanks
Jim Barnes

Clark Propst <cepropst@netconx.net> wrote:
I purshased a bunch of photos from a list member that were taken by
Sidney Wheeler, most at Stewartville MN (that's in SE MN) on the CGW
from 1954 to 1965. I started to scan them to send to the RPI site and
Ted's site. While in the process it struck me to put them all on a CD
and make them available at Naperville. I hinted at that the other day on
this list and was asked to sell them to people that couldn't make it to
Naperville. So, here's the deal.
I will have the CDs at Naperville hopefully on a sellers table (you
out there Mr. Schnef?) for $10-12 each. Mail orders will be $15 post
paid.
I have a question, how many CDs should I burn for Napervlle? I don't
want to bring 20 and only sell 10 nor do I want to bring 10 when 20
people wanted them. So I guess I would like the groups input.
About the photos. The bad news is they are not 35 mm quality. They are
what I would call black & white snapshots. Good news there are a lot of
them, 100+. When I scanned them I sized the 3x5 snapshots to 8x10 in
case someone would want to print them out. There are flats, gons,
reefer, hoppers covered and open (open hoppers for iron ore loading
there) and lots of box cars. Most major US RRs are represented and two
Canadian.
I sent some jpegs out to a few fellas, here are there responses:
John Nehrich-Clark - Thanks again.
Ted Cullota- I'd love more.
Richard Hendrickson- Clark, thanks for posting the freight car
snapshots. Despite the fact that the photo quality is marginal, they're
useful documentation, and I'm happy to have them.
And the ever thrifty Chet French- Depending on the quality of the
snapshots, I think you could even raise the price. Of course I already
have the two Wabash photos, so I wouldn't need to buy the CD.
I don't have a list of the cars on the CD, but will answer questions.
Thank you,
Clark Propst

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer--
sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup