Re: Detail website/book

thompson@...

Here are my notes for John's articles on freight car ends:
MM 2/1987 pp.40-44 (John Nehrich) more bizarre ends
including VAN DORN/various FLAT ENDS/various types...
My recollection is that these were fairly anecdotal, like John's
summaries of architectural history. I'd agree with Richard's comment: we
really need to have a modern, complete, specific presentation. Maybe Ed
Hawkins will throw it together for the RP Cyc--or Guy Wilber could
certainly do it.