Re: Bowser - as I see it......

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Bill Lane wrote:
"Once again, what we have here is one person's early account of the
detail
quality of a new Bowser project (N8), and everyone is already
disappointed.
It may very well be 100% correct. Yes there is always room for
improvement
on ANY model project."

OK, Bill, riddle me this: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET SOMETHING RIGHT
THE FIRST TIME?

I'm not talking about vent hole variations on the Class K9 stock car
or anything like that - I'm talking about things as fundamental as
getting the lettering right on the Class X31 boxcars. It's not like
there's a lack of resources out there for things Pennsy, and for
God's sake, the company's in Pennsylvania!

Bowser is to be commended for doing their line of kits, and I'm
certainly happy to have them; however, you're always going to be
judged by your track record, and if you're going to charge Kadee
prices for a piece of rolling stock, you better damn well have Kadee
quality.

Ben Hom