Re: AC&F paint samples

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Tim O'Connor asked:
Any particular paper brand you recommend Mont? I use solvent paints
mostly, so some decal papers might not like that so much...

I've had good results with Champ's decal paper, which stands up fine
with Floquil. Normally, I'll take scraps left over from the last
decaling project, shoot them the same time I paint a model, and save
them to use after weathering or as contrasting patches for a
different model. I also used this method using larger pieces of
decal paper to represent repaired panels on a weathered NYC USRA
hopper to match a photo in the NYC Color Guide.

Ben Hom