From: JK <kuban@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: "USRA" Wood Cabooses

Charlie,

Yes, P&WV 810, pictured (Paul Dunn photo) in the P&WV book by Worley and
Poellot appears to be nearly identical to the CV caboose pictured with the
Yungkurth drawings from RMC. Neither car has the toolbox as shown in the
drawings, but both share the same platform steps, grab iron arrangements and
leaf spring arch bar trucks. I'd say the F&C kit is a good starting point.
Maybe I will not have to finish my scratch build project now that I know
this kit is out there.
I can't say how the U&D car compares, though.
There was once a brass kit produced for this car by The Car Shop.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown, WV