Re: Tichy's 7/8 ends (was worst part)

Rob Kirkham <rdkirkham@...>

Since there is life left in this subject, I'll add some more - Before Tichy;
before Westerfield; I made my own ends years ago for the CP cars using the
Accurail 7/8 ends. I went to the trouble of removing the ladder stiles and
modifying the bottom panel. All in all, I was happy with the part until I
fit it to a Tichy USRA SS car and found it was a little too narrow. I then
scraped the side rivets clean, and added new rivet strips of .005 styrene to
the edges. That brought it closer to the right width. I think it looks
better than the Tichy or the Westerfield part. I'll see if I can dig out
one and put a copy in the photos.

Rob Kirkham