Re: Evaluating Models...

Charlie Vlk

Denny-
The reference to Higgins reviews was for the technical performance (speed,
power, current draw, etc.) portion of the review. The appearance portion is
left to the eyes of the reader looking at the side by side photographic
evidence.
I personally don't like the reviews that rehash everything about the history
of the locomotive. The column inches may be padded for the reviewer, and it
may be convenient to have all the genealogy of a loco prototype with the
review, but as I have the source material I don't like paying for the same
material again....sort of like a Hundman tree article.
Charlie Vlk