Re: Still need help with a 40' NSC flatcar for Ontario Northland

Ian Cranstone

From: "Garrett W. Rea" <Garrett.Rea@...>
No replies yet, anyone have any suggestions of where to look or what
car in HO can be used?
Although my photos are now packed for an upcoming move, I have seen a number
of these cars still working in northern Ontario for ONR company service.
What I recall is something very similar to the Athearn (or Red Caboose for
that matter) 40' flatcar with those deep fishbelly side sills. There are
doubtless numerous differences, especially given that these cars were
constructed well beyond the usual era of 40' flatcars in Canada.

Remind me in a month or so when hopefully I have found my photos again, and
I can probably offer a better answer.

--
Ian Cranstone
Ottawa (soon to be Osgoode), Ontario, Canada

"Garrett W. Rea" <Garrett.Rea@w...> wrote:
All:

Anyone know about the NSC 40' flat cars built in 1940 for Ontario
Northland? There were 50 in the number series 100201-299.

Thanks-

Garrett Rea
Nashville, TN