Re: ICRR banana trains

ljack70117@...

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 06:05 PM, Andy Sperandeo wrote:
distributors stored it in temperature-controlled ripening rooms to bring it
to the desired degree of ripeness.

This I do not agree with because the produce dealer that I worked for had three rooms.
The room I unloaded in was set to 45 degrees. The ripening room was at 45 degrees until we were ready to ripen, then set to 70. The third room was the cutting room and would be empty with in a few hours after raising the ripening room to 70 degree. Then the ripening became the cutting room. The old cutting room would be lowered to 45 degrees waiting for the next car.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
I don't care who you are fat man. Get that sleigh and reindeer off my roof.