Re: Reefer Madness

Lee B Singletary <LBSingletary@...>

Like Bruce, I picked up one of the URTX reefers at a good price in
Atlanta last Saturday. I got the URTX/Milwaukee 1952 repaint. Not being
a reefer expert, I was wondering:
A. Is this scheme correct for this car?
B. Does it need a metal roofwalk (or is it running board)?(I know it
needs AB brakes)
C. Are there any other changes or upgrades besides what Byron mentioned
in his review?
Thanks for the help.

Lee

Lee Singletary
Hoover, Alabama

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:14:58 -0500 "Bruce F. Smith V.M.D., Ph.D."
<smithbf@...> writes:
Hi All,

In spite of Byron's glowing review, I just had to pick up a
Branchline
ACF/URTX reefer in NKP paint this weekend...OK, so the price of
$7.50
helped ;^) From my evaluation of the problem with the sides..it
seems as
if they are too thick and this causes the problem at the ends. I
realize
that most of us on this list can fix this in our sleep, but we
aren't the
buying public these days. It seems like such a stupid mistake -
didn't
anyone at Branchline actually build a production kit to make sure it
was
OK? I hope this combined with the 40' boxcar doesn't kill them as
company. In addition, y'all may have noticed that a photograph with
the
door latch bar in the correct position is nicely featured on the box
cover
(oops!). BTW, should the NKP car have the type A or type B ice
hatch?
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.