Re: NKP/MDT reefer

lrkdbn

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Roger Hinman <rhinman@r...> wrote:
I have seen this decal and also an older Athearn car with a similar
scheme showing a white MDT M4(wood car) with NKP leasing marks. I
have
never
seen a photo to verify this either.

However, NKP did buy a series of 400 of these cars from MDT new in
the
1920s that were numbered NKP 60000-60399; at least two of these
were
converted to milk service later in their careers, NKP 700-701

So if you want to be safe, you put an MDT reefer on your layout and
letter it for NKP. I do not know the proper paint scheme for NKP
cars,
perhaps that is mentioned in the article you referenced.

Roger Hinman

I recall an old (ca.1978) issue of the NKP Society's magazine showing
a NKP lettering drawing for some MDT built (based on details of car
body) cars with GARX marks and a NKP herald. Possibly these were the
same cars.

LR King <lrkdbn@aol.com>

On Thursday, February 12, 2004, at 08:02 PM, enobiko wrote:

Walthers has a decal set for the NKP/MDT reefer, part #72440. Any
photos of this car? The description says "white", does that mean
white reefer or white lettering? I have the NKP Historical
magazine
Spring 2000 issue that covers the NKP reefers, but no photo of the
MDT reefers there. The only MDT reefers I turn up are NYC, which
would prefer not to have on my NKP layout.
Dean Payne

Yahoo! Groups Links