Re: Apologies & priorities

Tom Madden <tgmadden@...>

Ben Hom wrote:

"We all look forward to your work to come on passenger car research - it's
the next great set of myths and urban legends that need to be smashed in the
hobby."

It's not "to come", Ben, it's already well underway. Those of you who aren't
on the Passenger Car List may like to take a look at
http://home.att.net/~tgmadden/Pullman_CCR_Text.htm

That link will take you to the Pullman database introductory page, and from
there to the database itself. There are over 2700 records in the database, a
number which will grow to 12,000 (more or less) over the next couple of
years as I process microfilms of the Newberry Library's collection of
Pullman Car Construction Records. The purpose is to give the modeler enough
information to accurately model and paint any Pullman-owned or operated HW
steel or LW passenger car at any stage of its life - the sort of information
members of this list seek for freight cars.

We now return you to your regular programming.

Tom M.