Re: Truck dimensions

Richard Hendrickson

I am doing my first car drawings in AutoCAD and need some information
on truck dimensions. It would appear logical to me that all 33"
diameter wheel trucks should have had a very close dimension from
rail top to the center plate. If not, then replacing an archbar with
an Andrews would have been a nightmare.

Did the ARA, ARR, USRA or other groups have standard truck dimensions?
If so, where can I find this information.
Jeff, you're right that there were standards, though not a single standard.
Their evolution is well documented in the various editions of the Car
Builders' Cyclopedias.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520