From: Douglas Harding
[mailto:dharding@iowatelecom.net]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 3:39 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Magnification aid

I use an item called MagEyes
http://www.mageyes.com/
(Opti-Visor now makes something similar) MagEyes
is a plastic
head band with a swing down magnifying lens, but
it has no
hood to block your vision when looking up over
the lens. It
is like adjustable bi-focals in that you can
position the
lens where ever you want and look over it, under
it, or even
through it. It has a number of different
magnification values
available. I prefer it over my traditional
optivisors because
I can look up to see something on the workbench,
on the
shelving above the bench, instruction sheet I am
trying to
read, someone who dares venture to the basement
to see me, or
even glance at the TV in the corner.

It is not the quality of the Zeiss loupes, but I
got mine at
the local sewing store for about $25.

Doug Harding
Iowa Central Railroad
www.iowatelecom.net/~dharding/

---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or
Refill Kits
for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at
MyInks.com.
Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/9Mt
olB/TM